The Green Tomato
3402N Richmond St., Suite C Appleton WI 54912
920-379-9004 Email: email@example.com Follow us on
Our mission is connecting local farmers and artisan producers to the consumers who want to support their local economy by purchase food from Wisconsin. Of course most everyone knows we are the dairy state, producing a wide range of dairy products, including some of the world’s most award winning varieties of cheese. Wisconsin also has a rich heritage of sausage making and brewing. These are the items when Wisconsin and food are brought up in conversation with people around the country that you hear most commonly associated with Wisconsin. Cheese, Brats and Beer! These items may have made Wisconsin famous, but we have so much more to offer. Our state has an amazing diversity in heritage as well as geography, making Wisconsin a unique place with an incredible amount of agricultural resources and artisan producers of all diverse cultural ancestry and influence.
You may also be aware that Wisconsin is a leader in cranberry and gingseng production, but:
1) Did you know Wisconsin is the leading state in dairy goats?
2) Wisconsin leads the nation in snap bean (often known in fresh market settings as green beans) production.
3) Did you know the only pumpkin seed oil producer for cooking is located in Wisconsin?
4) In the late 1800’s Wisconsin lead the nation in the production of vegetables for processing. To support the booming brewing industry Wisconsin also lead in hops production, rye, barley and oats for a few years as well.
5) Wisconsin has 77,000 farms of which over 1200 are certified organic.
6) More than 350,000 jobs in Wisconsin rely directly on agriculture, 10 % of the workforce. With your support we can increase agricultural related jobs.
These are just a few of the many things you will learn about Wisconsin food by supporting The Green Tomato. Come and experience what Wisconsin has to offer, we think you will be amazed at the variety and selection you will find. Eat Local and Grow Your Local Economy!